[asterisk-biz] IAX providers

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Dec 5 14:05:54 CST 2007

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, joakimsen at gmail.com wrote:

> David you've proven my point when I said your company promises anything
> the customer wants.
Teliax is a competitor but I feel compelled to defend him. Your
expectations are entirely unreasonable and devolve from misinterpretation
of David's words.

> Your exact words were "current carrier cannot refuse a port based on
> billing disputes" ... we just got off the phone and I was told the LNP
> was denied due to the BTN and that's entirely possible that Deltacom did
> so without our knowledge because the numbers on the account were
> assigned in two different batches... still doesnt explain why it took 8
> weeks to get a response or why the numbers with the correct BTN could
> not be ported.
a) LNP is a *total pita*. It may take 1 day, it may take 8 weeks, it might
not happen at all. You are at a mercy of the current carrier. If they
don't like you, they'll find a way to block it.

b) If LNP didn't happen, is not teliax's fault. They submit the LNP
request with BTNs provided by you. Current carrier may accept or reject
it. If you don't know your BTNs and/or if you don't know what information
your current carrier needs to process the LNP request, it ain't teliax's
fault.

c) "denied due to BTN" does not mean denied due to billing dispute. It
means BTNs did not match between the request and carrier's records.

You would be better served by educating yourself prior to posting to the
list again.

> About the T38 faxing you said "We would be happy to facility this. T.38
> on inbound is not supported but itis on outbound." with no mention to
> anything about testing. I had no clue to what carriers you send your
> calls to until this moment but I can assure you L3 does support T38 so
> there must be something on your end. Your gateways respond "488 not
> acceptable here" when we send a T38 re-invite. After I signed up for
> your service and tried to get support for the non-working T38 I was
> informed that service was of an experimental nature. If your carriers
> support t.38 as you claim and it does seem that your gateways are t38
> aware I don't understand why none of the "traces" we performed showed
> that there was a configuration issue in your gateway or why a ticket was
> never submitted to your carrier. I never asked for it but it does seem
> to make sense especially when you tout T38 faxing support to potential
> customers.
Given the fact that Teliax supports t38, and given the fact that David
demonstrated his clue earlier, given the fact that you've just
demonstrated your lack of said clue, I have come to conclusion that "you
is doing something wrong".

Given the nature of retail service, and complexity of T38 and different
implementations of such, it isn't really teliax's responsibility to
troubleshoot *what* you are doing wrong.

-alex