[asterisk-biz] teliax out?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Fri Jan 11 13:56:40 CST 2008

	Any critical path infrastructure should be cut over only at the least
trafficked time of day (usually about 3-5AM). But it should also be cut
over only after thorough testing on identical equipment (if possible),
with a hair-trigger rollback command if it doesn't "just work" right
away. This is of course how big telcos operate, but even when I was
starting up webserver farms in 1994-5 we were able to operate that way.
I'd already learned the discipline in previous "live" telecom
environments, but now that everyone's watched the Web grow (with all its
growing pains), everyone should know that operating this way is
necessary.

	When operations are not run that way, it indicates that there are
probably other problems with the IT operations, and possibly with the
management (if it happens more than once).

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 12:21 -0700, Andres Paglayan wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
>
> > What did you expect?
>
> I have been using Teliax for a long time without problems,
> It happened to be a short outage of about 10 minutes,
> (and I got a little anxious for about 10 minutes)
>
> My suggestion to their admins would be to try a sys migration
> on a lesser time frame, such as 2 to 3 am
>

> > On Jan 10, 2008 2:08 PM, Andres Paglayan <andres at paglayan.com> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Looks like all (or most) of DIDs through Teliax are down,

(C) Matthew Rubenstein