[asterisk-biz] Ribbit.com ? 1ezphone.com

Bob Gibson bobg at techie.com
Thu Feb 28 21:42:59 CST 2008

Try http://1ezphone.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Mike Clark"
  To: email at mattruby.com, "Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk
  Discussion"
  Subject: Re: [asterisk-biz] Ribbit.com ?
  Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:21:50 -0500

  Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
  > Dean, how would you describe Mexuar, with its embeddable but
  > proprietary IAX applet, in that context?

  ...snipped a bunch..

  I'm not Dean, but I'll comment here.I evaluated Mexuar and really
  liked
  it, but they had no good mechanism for a small developer to get
  started.
  They wanted a substantial up front licensing fee to get going. OTOH,
  if
  you turned out to be successful, it was a good deal because it was a
  one
  time fee.

  Ribbit has a totally different model as they are a full blown ITSP
  and
  have provided a Flex/Actionscript API to their Flash phone component
  at
  no charge to developers. I have an app ready to roll as soon as they
  are
  completely live.

  I would love to see a similar type API to a Flash SIP or IAX2
  component
  where I could access my own Asterisk or Freeswitch server.

  Mike Clark

Want an e-mail address like mine?