[asterisk-biz] VoIP Provider Matrix of rates/services

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sat Feb 16 14:19:48 CST 2008

> In the US though- service from a 200 ms provider, or a 40 ms provider,
> makes a HUGE difference in voice quality, in my experience.

I concur - we find the same thing here in the UK. Most of our customers also take ADSL from us, which comes from a wholesale partner with whom we have a peering arrangement (in the same datacentre), so end-to-end latency is usually around the 15-25ms mark (end-to-end). It's a huge improvement over customers who insist on using their own net connection which might run though another 5 nodes before it reaches our core network.

With regard to the thread title, it'd be important to see through which nodes a connection is routed. I object rather heavily to traffic to some of our customers' EU numbers having to go out to the US and back again to our core network because the providers of those numbers are based in the US. If a wholesale provider has an EU presence for their EU DDI ranges, why not use it?

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it