[asterisk-biz] VoIP Provider Matrix of rates/services

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 04:10:10 CST 2008

While I totally agree with you that they shouldn't waste time on
customers they cannot provide reliable service to, unfortunately as far
as I've seen a large portion of so-called "providers" are actually
reselling service from other providers, and sometimes THEIR provider is
reselling that service to them, and the reselling goes on...

So, basically, while someone who operates in the same geographic area
as you can claim to offer you good service, it is quite possible that
each call you make through their service passes through multiple other
"hops" all over the place, before reaching its destination - degrading
service and response times.

In other words, what I'm trying to say is that just because a provider
says or thinks they can provide you with good service, doesn't mean
they can. If you want a true list dividing providers by quality, it has
to be based on customer experience and/or tests - not what the provider
says.

  -- Nitzan

--- dave cantera <david.cantera at iacnet.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
  moshe, nitzan,
I already compiled a list from website info... not totally
completethough.  all public info w/o calls to providers...

really, I wanted the providers to update the matrix themselves over
theweb so they could control the information.. the biggest reason I
don'tthink they should have a problem with it is they all don't cover
theentire world or the US either.  some servers have too much delay,
over100ms, so any customers they have outside their 'local network
area'would get poor service and they shouldn't want to waste their time
ifthey can't provide the service to those customers...  knowing that
infotidbit saves face and bad will...  helps the community too!

any additional thoughts?
daveC