[asterisk-biz] (was..)Digium's Exceptional Satisfaction Program - Trademark ?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 03:00:25 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Juan Carlos Valero
<jcvalero at capatres.com> wrote:

>  El mié, 13-02-2008 a las 11:21 -0500, Jared Smith escribió:
>  What about a GPL name for Asterisk ? Currently is not possible to use
>  Asterisk brand name if your bussiness is not affiliated with Digium
>  Ecosystem. A "OpenAsterisk" brand name for identify commercial use of
>  GPL Asterisk if very interesting to a lot of people.

I prefer to give each install a name. My original pbx is called
"Phoebe". The AA50 is called "Margaret" for a West Wing TV Series
character. But we digress. Sure, why not just call it Asterix like the
rest of the world? Oh, darn, that's a trademark too. Asteriks?