[asterisk-biz] Open source Asterisk billing solution

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Feb 4 18:04:58 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 08:39 -0500, Tom Moore wrote:
> I've been asked to setup an Asterisk server with accounting functions for a
> client and his customers.
> To keep it short and sweet he wants to provide dids to his customers and
> charge a monthly service fee for the customer having the line and when the
> time comes offer packages of minutes and have charges be added to the
> account when the package minutes run out.

I know several people doing this with the Freeside billing package (see
http://freeside.biz/).  Originally written as an ISP billing platform,
it handles just about any billing situation you can think of, including
month charges, pro-rated months, per minute or block-of-minutes type
billing, etc. as well as some advanced features like account
provisioning, etc.

(A friend of mine is one of the core developers, so my opinion is
probably somewhat biased... your mileage may vary.)

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager