[asterisk-biz] Open source Asterisk billing solution

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Mon Feb 4 07:39:09 CST 2008

Hi guys,
I've been asked to setup an Asterisk server with accounting functions for a
client and his customers.
To keep it short and sweet he wants to provide dids to his customers and
charge a monthly service fee for the customer having the line and when the
time comes offer packages of minutes and have charges be added to the
account when the package minutes run out.
What open source solutions do you guys suggest I look at. A requirement I
have is that there is an active community of users out there I can
communicate with and that the product is under active development.
It wouldn't be right for me to start using a project and then have it die
out on me soon after I implement a solution for a large company.
One I've looked at is A2billing. This program seems to have a lot of the
functions I want, but still seems to be based around the concept of calling
cards. This will work for some situations I'm in, but doesn't quite seem to
be what I need for operating a standard phone company system over voip.

Thanks,
Tom

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:10 AM