[asterisk-biz] Distributed Call Center -- Please Help define

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 03:01:44 CST 2008

>> Are there any providers of 800 toll free service that can take the call
>> nationally, then make a SIP or SS7 querry to our database engine and
>> terminate to a dynamically assigned number anywhere in the country using
>> our response. Ideally, we would like to be in the media stream for
>> monitoring / recording / quality control purposes.

You are asking for two opposing things here actually.

In both cases, this is something easily performed with SIP (or indeed IAX),
but not requiring anything fancy from your carrier.

Either, the carrier sends the SIP call to you, you respond with a 302
Redirect message stating the actual VoIP address you want to send the call
to, which then 'bounces' the call to the destination and the carrier will
send the call directly.

Or, you receive the SIP call, and forward the call to its destination, and
at the same time performing whatever call recording/monitoring you need to.

However, you do need to decide which of these two is more important to you.

Linus
Magrathea