[asterisk-biz] nortel on verge of bankruptcy

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Dec 10 11:32:49 CST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 11:55 -0500, Steve Totaro wrote:
> MANY companies file for bankruptcy and come out just fine.  XO, and
> Cavalier are two in the industry that come to mind.

I would argue that more product based companies file bankruptcy and
continue on as if nothing happened than service based companies.  XO is
service based, while nortel is more product based (yeah they have
service for their products but they dont afaik provide much outside of
that, their service stuff is a sales technique more than not).

Given that its even more likely they will not just vanish, at least not
soon.  Only if they cant restructure their debt (what bankruptcy is in
most cases) and have to liquidate will they be gone for good.  The odds
are likely that their creditors will accept restructuring, and thus the
courts grant it, rather than settle for potentially a much smaller
amount in liquidation.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721