[asterisk-biz] Setting up a VOIP Provider

Lane Sullivan lane at jtinvest.com
Wed Aug 20 22:27:41 CDT 2008

Although the information was not directly related to setup of hardware this
info does give me ideas with helping VOIP evolve in my area. I believe the
only provider in my area is the company I currently do business with so, I
would not be opposed starting out by offering service through a wholesale or
branded reseller.

I believe most of the users on this list at one point has been where I am,
asking yourself why you shouldn't be offering these services! What I didn't
realize was the cost involved in getting a full blown operation running. I
am sure if I was in an area to support a start up investment to have a full
blown provider I would. That's probably the most pondered subject for people
in that position.

This brings me to my next question:

Is there anyone on here that is/was a wholesale or reseller for a company
that can give opinions on your experience? I know there are providers on
here that offer that service which is great to start looking at but I wonder
if anyone has any past experiences?

I specifically would want to brand everything myself and be the "provider"
for my customers without them knowing I am passing the service on. I
personally believe having services that you pass off gives your company the
appearance of a middleman. I am not opposed to it but would rather have it
be branded through me personally.

Thanks again for all the great info!!

Lane