[asterisk-biz] Fraud. (here we go again)

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 19 00:56:38 CDT 2008

Maybe an overly shotgun approach for your tastes, but I personally
firewall off all IP blocks from APNIC (the Asian-Pacific RIR) delegated
to the southeast Asian countries (China, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos,
Hong Kong -- yes, I know it is not a country).  Over 90% of my port
scans, my dictionary attacks and my problems seem to come from there.

If you take that approach, definitely don't block all the aggregate
APNIC ranges.  That would exclude quite a few Australians and New
Zealanders.

There are plenty of lists available online reliably of the blocks
delegated by country, with a specific focus on that region.  It is not
an uncommon practise among sysadmins.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems