[asterisk-biz] Fraud. (here we go again)

emist emistz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:06:41 CDT 2008

Hello Nitzan,

As to how they do it its not very hard to proxy http requests(or any
other request for that matter). There are plenty of publicly available
proxy servers as well as servers that aren't intended to be used by the
public but due to the sys-admin's misconfiguration they are open to the
outside world. Most modern browsers can be configured to use proxy
servers directly and tools exist such as proxychains that let you proxy
pretty much any type of traffic through socks proxies.

As to how to stop it...thats sort of a hard question. Maybe you could
find sites with public proxy listings and write a script to flag any
deposits made from any of the ips listed, but this won't help against
non-publicly disclosed proxies.

Regards,

Igor H.