[asterisk-biz] Fraud. (here we go again)

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 16:51:08 CDT 2008

Hi list! :)

We've got hit with a guy in Vietnam who's creating accounts with
stolen American credit cards. Usually they are really easy to stop,
but this guy is matching the IP address to the credit card address.

Anyone knows how they do that? I am 100% sure they are located in
Vietnam as their SIP IP address is 222.252.42.118. So somehow they
go through a proxy or something to fake the IP location. Any idea
how they do that - and more importantly - how to stop that on a
systematic level?

Thanks!

--
Nitzan Kon, CEO