[asterisk-biz] Looking for a good stateside VoIP provider...

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Aug 18 11:04:20 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Michael S. White
> <mwhite at e4strategies.com> wrote:
>> We've been looking @ Vitelity and Teliax- can't seem to get teliax working
>> properly with our * boxes so they are probably out.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> My favorites out of over a dozen tested in a period of three years
> (with pay as you) go are, (in alphabetical order)
>
> I Connect Here (Delta Three)
> Junction Networks
> Nufone
> Teliax
> Voicepulse Connect
>
> Of the above, the last four on the list will do IAX if you need that.
> For pricing, you'll have to consult the corresponding web sites. I
> have not used DID with ICH or Voicepulse. ICH has a good network but
> they do not cknowledge asterisk in any way where the others on the
> list are part of the community. VoicePulse furnishes  an LCR macro for
> the asterisk dial plan.

I would cross Nufone and Voicepulse off that list.

Things may have changed but Nufone (Jeremy) came up in the negatives
for support.  Non-responsive and very arrogant, asked for a refund, he
took great pleasure in refunding the money via PayPal to domain name
that I had sold, knowing full well I could never get my money back.
All of this is in the archives.

VoicePulse had pretty good service but they kept making repeated
changes that required changes on the customer side.  They were not
very good at communicating these changes which led to many unhappy
customers with no VoIP service (that I recommended, thus, making me
look bad too).

If things are setup and engineered correctly from the start, then
pretty much whatever changes are made on the ITSP side should have no
user intervention required on the CPE side.

Finally, I would not use IAX unless absolutely required.  It may be
better now but in my experience IAX is way overrated and causes more
problems than it resolves.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro