[asterisk-biz] Pulver media in trouble ?

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 07:08:40 CDT 2008

On 4/7/08, randulo <spamsucks2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding Pulver Media, I just spoke to someone close to Jeff Pulver
>  who tells me a statement is expected soon. I know that VON was called
>  Video on the Net the last time I saw it in print and wasn't about VoIP
>  specifically.
>
>  I went to two Astricons (in Europe) and I don't recall seeing Pulver
>  media at either one. Jeff Pulver's latest project is
>  primetimererun.com which allows you to watch popular tv shows on a
>  browser. Works great, too by the way. Nothing to do with Astricon or
>  Pulver Media though.
>
>  Within this community I think the service we can be happy for is FWD
>  because so many people have tested asterisk using it and some even
>  came to installing asterisk by starting with FWD and getting hooked.
>  That's what happend to me.

Hello,

Just to help clarify the relationship between Astricon and Pulver,
here is an email I received last month from the COO of Pulvermedia:

As you may be aware, Pulvermedia has partnered with Digium to produce
their annual gathering of the Asterisk Open Source Telephony
community, otherwise known as AstriCon.  Now in its 5th year, AstriCon
2008 will take place in Glendale, Arizona on September 23rd through
the 25th.  If selling products or services in the exploding open
source IP telephony market is part of your company's growth strategy,
you need to tap into and leverage the audience that will be at
AstriCon.

Please visit the AstriCon 2008 web site to learn more at – www.astricon.net

This week marks the official opening of the event floor, for companies
who wish to reserve space, sponsorships and event marketing
opportunities.  Don't miss this limited opportunity to join us in
September; space and sponsorships are in short supply so please
contact me today to secure your presence at AstriCon 2008.

I have emailed him a few times and received no response in 4 weeks so
I don't really know what to think at this time.

MATT---