[asterisk-biz] Employment

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Apr 4 23:36:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Alex Balashov
<abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
> Alex Balashov wrote:
>  > Mitul Limbani wrote:
>  >
>  >> Douglas,
>  >>
>  >> Quoting Douglas Garstang <dougmig33 at yahoo.com>:
>  >>
>  >>> I wish there was more Asterisk jobs out there. Searching dice,
>  >>> monster, LinkedIn, Craigslist etc usually doesn't yield much.
>  >>
>  >> Most of em are 'Bangalored!"
>  >> We do have some good requirement of Asterisk Developers/Support jobs
>  >> but cant pay US$ rates :(
>  >
>  > If they are "Bangalored" -- and I mean specifically outsourced, not just
>  > happen to be jobs by companies that provide Asterisk solutions in India
>  > or other Third World economies -- it is because they involve something
>  > sufficiently well-specified and processised that this kind of cog can
>  > become of it.
>  >
>  > Time to get creative, start a business, and make your own Asterisk job.
>  >  VoIP is still a very incipient phenomenon on the uptake, particularly
>  > OSS VoIP adoption, so marketplace saturation isn't there yet to teach
>  > people its value so that you can presume upon anything.
>  >
>  > It's a tired cliche, but really, you can't outsource creativity.  People
>  > can and must pay US $ rates for that.  Offshored development / generic
>  > backoffice business process support efforts did not bring us Asterisk in
>  > the first place.
>  >

>  Besides, you wouldn't want a job "Bangalored" in the above-described
>  manner anyway.
>

>  --
>  Alex Balashov
>  Evariste Systems
>  Web    : http://www.evaristesys.com/
>  Tel    : (+1) (678) 954-0670
>  Direct : (+1) (678) 954-0671
>  Mobile : (+1) (706) 338-8599

Not really a commercial post but www.asteriskhelpdesk.com is good
place to at least post your profile or resume.

Although it appears there is little activity on
www.asteriskhelpdesk.com, there are quite a few projects being posted
regularly.  The service allows you to post project as well as job
opening.

The reason it appears so bare is because as soon as a customer decides
on a "Guru", the listing disappears from the "Open Projects'.

Anyways, the service is free and will stay that way.  I may get around
to upgrading and anding functionality.  I can tell you that I received
at least a dozen "Thanks Yous", for helping people find business.

Last I checked, there were around 150 consultants and including core
Devs such as OEJ and other people that really know their stuff.

Anyone wanting to help improve the site is welcome to.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro