[asterisk-biz] OT: Licensing preferences

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 04:53:53 CDT 2008

In article <1207266605.3522.183.camel at trixtop.0xdecafbad.com>,
Trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:38 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > where you continued to decline to answer in favor of handwaving.
> >
> Ok, it was about my opinion, why do you feel that you can demand an
> explanation of my feelings on an off topic subject?

Bret,

I think what probably started to upset people was that you appeared to
be saying "There is a problem with RFC2833 DTMF in Asterisk; I have
written a patch that fixes the problem, BUT, I'm not going to let any
of you have it because I have something against the GPL."

There is a bit of an inconsistency here too. If you dislike the GPL
enough to decline on principle to contribute to GPL projects, you ought
also to refrain from making any use of GPL software others have written.
You can't have it both ways without being hypocritical.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield