[asterisk-biz] OT: Licensing preferences

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Apr 3 19:11:46 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 01:50:04AM +0200, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:38 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > where you continued to decline to answer in favor of handwaving.
> >
> Ok, it was about my opinion, why do you feel that you can demand an
> explanation of my feelings on an off topic subject?

Who said anything about demanding?

I inquired politely; you got in my face.  I don't think that precludes
my reacting the way I did.

> > My observation of the last 30 years of Unix development clearly differs
> > from yours, and you clearly don't want to discuss it, so you go right
> > along, and I won't ask anymore.
>
> You really should sit back for a while you seemed to have gotten quite
> upset over the fact that I did not think to justify my feelings to you.
>
> You have ranted about some 30 years in unix development which has
> nothing to do with my feelings on a software license, nor does it have
> anything to do with whether or not I should justify them to you.  I also
> dont know why a difference in backgrounds (30 years ago I was using
> primes for example) matters about whether or not to discuss why I feel
> the way I do about the GPL.  This isnt even the proper venue for that
> conversation anyway.
>
> Why you are this upset is a real mystery to me, the conversation was
> quite calm prior to this, and it was on something that really was just a
> personal opinion on a specific software license.
>
> Are you this upset because I dont like the GPL?  That would seem odd,
> its not like I was rejecting you personally, denouncing your religion or
> anything that way, just saying that I did not like that particular
> license.

I asked a polite question, you basically told me to &^%@#$ off.  I
shouldn't react poorly to that?

"I don't really want to get into it" is probably where you should have
started, and then stopped.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.