[asterisk-biz] OT: Licensing preferences

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 3 19:08:58 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:56 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) wrote:
> On April 3, 2008 07:50:04 pm Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > Ok, it was about my opinion, why do you feel that you can demand an
> > explanation of my feelings on an off topic subject?
>
> You're the one who opened the subject. He asked.  I'm actually pretty curious
> too.  You decline to answer, he called you on it, and now you're defensive.
> If you don't want to answer, fine, but don't try to paint it like he did
> anything wrong here. You made an (in my opinion) extraordinary claim, he was
> just looking for some clarification.

Ok so again what is extraordinary about I wont contribute to gpl
projects?  That is hardly extraordinary, and I really do not think it
warrants this much time.  I have answered people who asked privately
because it is not a proper venue for this subject.  This is the
asterisk-biz list, this has little to do with asterisk anymore, and
nothing to do with business.

> > You really should sit back for a while you seemed to have gotten quite
> > upset over the fact that I did not think to justify my feelings to you.
>
> ?  Clearly you're the one upset here, Bret.

I dont think its that clear, because I am not the one throwing tantrums
because someone failed to justify their feelings.  Nor am I the one
saying that someone is defensive by suggesting that this is not the
proper venue.  All I have done is say that this is not the proper place
to discuss why I like or dislike a particular software license.

Making statements like you did to try to make mine seem less valid is
not only a poor debate tactic, but one that indicates desperation.  Yes
I dont like the gpl, get over it, its a personal choice I dont have to
like the same things you do, that is what makes us unique humans.

I am thinking that this topic is too sensitive for some viewers and will
no longer entertain public comments on this list relating to my feelings
of a software license.

for anyone else thinking of jumping into the fray, step back for a
second and repeat 3 times - its just a software license its not a
religion.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200