[asterisk-biz] Caller ID

Joe Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Fri Sep 14 09:08:34 CDT 2007

Need a definitive answer if this can be done, please.  Have a customer with an T1 from Verizon.

Certain incoming calls, on specific lines, need to be forwarded, via the T1, to another number.  Happens to be an analog line.  We wish the caller ID, as transmitted by the Asterisk box, to provide the caller ID of the original number, not the transferring number.

There is a legitimate business need for this to be done.  It is a cost effective solution to business need.

I've tried a few of the dial plan things I have hunted up, regarding CallerID, but the resultant CallerID always show the number associated with the asterisk box, not the originating number.

Some have said the T1 provider "should" allows this.

Does this run afoul of the anti spoofing laws?

joe a.