[asterisk-biz] Anyone still using skype ?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Sep 11 11:40:25 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> I have migrated all of my workstations to Fedora Core 7.  Only two of my
> servers run Windows 2003.  One is for QuickBooks and the other runs
> Exchange 2003.
>
> I cannot find a single thing that I cannot do with this setup that I
> couldn't before (except printing is a little difficult sometimes but
> that might just be a learning curve).
>
> Using VNC or remote desktop, QB is in easy reach (as is any other
> Windows app) and I also have IE installed on my FC7 box just in case I
> need it for compatibility.  Like yesterday, I could not click the submit
> or order button in Firefox.  I opened IE in Linux, copied over the URL
> and all was joyful.
>
> That is just me, the majority of the world will resist change and stay
> with what they know and see in commercials everyday.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

Something else to consider is that the lions will always follow the
herd.  It could be a chicken or the egg thing, but as long as the
consumer and end user base prefer Windows, that is where you will find
me writing software for the majority of the time.

Frankly, I like Linux a lot from the bit I've been exposed to over the
last year or so, but I go where my customers go, which is the line of
least resistance.

Just a thought.

---
Warm Regards,