[asterisk-biz] asterisk-biz] Calling Card Hybrid

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Sep 8 10:50:55 CDT 2007

I would not put IP phones in the miners' rooms.  I would get a TenorAX
(personal preference or Adtran 600 w/24FXS ports) or some multiple port
FXS analog device and put el cheapo phones in the rooms.  I would expect
that miners would not be too gentle with phones.  Might as well put free
after rebate or $10 phones in the rooms instead of replacing $100-$200
phones on a regular basis.

The office, you may want take the same approach.  I recently installed a
system in a cement factory.  NO IP PHONES for them.  They would probably
last a month if that.  You could wipe down a desk and one hour later it
would be coated with cement power, and this was inside the office, not
the factory areas.

The rest is easy.  If you want a GUI, what these guys can easily fit the
bill but not without modification.  Before purchasing anything, ask how
much to get the system modified to your specs.

You could also just go with plain old Asterisk and ASTCC or Darren's
ASTPP with some simple MySQL insterts and a few webpages to enter the
miner's data such as their name, birthday date, room number and DID.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro