[asterisk-biz] Bad Apples?

bob murphy springsource at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:34:45 CDT 2007

I think the topic that would be relevant, and keep us all out of a
discussion that would be incindiery, would be the best practices around
structuring payment terms for projects.  And how to qualify the financial
health of the prospect prior to engagement.  If anyone is interested in that
subject let's discuss.  This is more along the lines of prevention.  Instead
of trying to cure a bad situatiion that is really more of a collections
issue.

Bob Murphy

On 10/29/07, Steve Totaro <stotaro at first-notification.com> wrote:

> This list is about Asterisk in Business correct?  How would an honest
> and documented review of a supplier or someone operating within the
> "Asterisk Business" realm not be classified for this list?
>
> Is this just to post routes ads.  I think we should discuss any and all
> aspects of business related to Asterisk, at least that's my take on what
> this list is for.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> Tim Booth wrote:
> > that's not what this list is for, hire a collections agency like
> > everyone else does!
> >
> > Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> >
> >>      If what you publish on the list are true facts, that you can
> document
> >> with evidence, you are not defaming the person. They can sue you for
> >> defamation, but they won't have a case. You can sue someone for being a
> >> ham sandwich in this country.
> >>
> >>      As a reader of the list, I would be interested in the facts of
> your
> >> dispute. They have the same access to publish their facts on the list
> as
> >> you do. Hell, they could sue me now, even though I'm neither defaming
> >> them or a ham sandwich, but who cares? You can't live in fear of people
> >> stopping the truth when their only power is to scare you.
> >>
> >>      Of course your priority should be to see what you could do
> differently
> >> to avoid getting burned in the future. Reporting that to the list would
> >> be even more helpful.

Bob Murphy
Principal

Arreva Communications