[asterisk-biz] asterisk and Skype - your experiences please

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:57:07 CDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Andy Davidson <andy at nosignal.org> wrote:
> Nikolas Zennström spoke at Von in California earlier this year.  I
> didn't agree with his premise that Skype could not interop openly
> over IP because of security concerns, but that was his stance - Skype
> wont be releasing enough information about their protocol and
> techniques to permit open interop with their customers.

Interesting. I know that there was *at one time* a serious hope of
getting something working. I had discussed this with Mark Spencer a
long time ago - too long maybe, and I expected an announcement of some
kind. It never came. Who knows, there may be developers who can call
in and gives us further info. Speaking of Mark, I hope to have him
back on the conference in December sometime.

Regards,

Randy