[asterisk-biz] KSU Killers??

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Oct 5 18:01:31 CDT 2007

Soon is a very relative word.  IP PBXs are already outselling key
systems.  If you believe the Gartner Group, 2010 marks the end of the
key system.  Relatively speaking, two and half years is not that long.

"A recent Gartner Group report authored by Bern Elliot and Jeff Snyder
plotted out the IP future. "IP-enabled" (hybrid) systems have been
outselling TDM exchanges since 2003, and 2005 was the watershed for pure
IP PBX, surpassing traditional PBX in terms of "lines" shipped in North
America. By 2010, Gartner sees PBX sales being completely IP, "providing
the basis for (enterprise) unified communications."

http://vonmag.com/news/featured-articles/ip-pbxs-application-fascination

When Verizon or any other tier 1 provider offers SIP handoff for a much
reduced cost than POTs lines, you may see a paradigm shift.  They are
running IP at the core too.  They can cut costs by delivering SIP calls
and pass that along to the consumer.  Then it is bye bye POTs lines and
hello QoS enabled internet data T1s to the CO or core.

Another prediction from Steve Totaro.  Mark my words!

Thanks,
Steve