[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Performance Results

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Nov 16 23:26:27 CST 2007

> The biggest issue is i'm not too inpressed with the max 8cps
> outlined.  If it were more like 30-60 cps I would be a bit more
> impressed as its what you would see in the real world.

I think the "real world" is highly dependent on the type of traffic that you
are transiting. If you are doing business customers making normal in/out
bound calls, then 8 cps is a pretty good number. However, if you are
handling automated dialer traffic, then 30-60 and beyond is far more likely.

It also depends on the ratios that you are running. The more I am involved
w/ the VoIP industry, the more I see the traffic and capacity relationships
reflecting the days of the dial-up ISPs.