[asterisk-biz] Asterisk Performance Results

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Fri Nov 16 18:25:52 CST 2007

When doing the packets, can you also monitor the bandwitdh used ? As i
pointed out before, SIPp does not generate audio and asterisk will not
send audio packets unless packets are received.
(This does conflict with the fact that you see higher load when
transcoding is used).

400 transcodings is about what i would expect for the cpu's, but the
1500 simultaneous calls is more then i would expect from linux user land
packet handling on that system.
Did you do any tweaks with the kernel or cpu affinity for this ? What
network card are you using ? On top load, how much is going to system ?
What kernel are you using ?

Zoa