[asterisk-biz] Manners (was: Re: "Whats New at Digium the Asterisk Company")

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Wed Nov 14 17:30:32 CST 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Brent Wagner wrote:

> By the way, I'm about as conservative as they come. Your assertion
> that condemning pejoratives is somehow liberal is silly.

Oh.. no.. I wasn't saying he was liberal because of his insistance that
what Alex said was offensive, I was saying he was liberal because of his
other comments like his statements that the "war on Christmas" was made up
or imaginary or whatever it is he said exactly.  He made some pretty
far-left political statements in his messages, statements that had nothing
to do with what Alex said.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea that bigotry is wrong. What I DO disagree
with though is that what Alex said should be considered bigotry, or that
my defending his statement is an act of bigotry.

My whole argument is basically that Matthew is overreacting and jumping to
call anyone a bigot who doesn't agree with him personally.

It would be no different than if I started calling you a bigot for
statements that 90% of people don't think are bigoted statements.

Bigotry is a bad thing, and using the term lightly only diminishes it's
meaning.  If anytime someone disagrees with Matt he calls them a bigot or
a racist, even when it's not called for, then he is doing everyone a
disservice.

-- Nick