[asterisk-biz] "Whats New at Digium the Asterisk Company"

Kim Joung-il kimjoungil at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 07:23:08 CST 2007

Greg : are you next on Digium's list to acquire?

Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net> wrote: > Didn't Mark Spencer recently criticize Fonality's Hosted business
> model?

Switchvox hosted edition allows an ITSP (such as myself) to setup a large
box w/ multiple instances of Switchvox running on it, achieving a
consolidation ratio of about 20:1 (I.E. 20 Virtual PBX systems on 1 piece of
physical hardware). This gives me the ability to control the access to the
customer and reduce the delivery of mission critical VoIP over the public
Internet. In our case, we slap a box in w/ SV Hosted Edition, and light up
20 T-1 lines to 20 branch offices, yet we charge a per-seat cost to the user
on a monthly basis. They benefit from not having any physical equipment on
site, and we benefit because we can reduce the amount of equipment in our
datacenter (power, cooling, cabling needs) by a factor of 20.

I believe that Fonality's hosted model makes the re-seller host on equipment
in Fonality's datacenter, which means you have to traverse the public
internet (w/ no QOS) to reach their equipment. Please, someone correct me if
I'm wrong?