[asterisk-biz] Publishing US Phone Numbers for Directories

Kim C. Callis kim.callis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:55:06 CST 2007

Rick Rinehart wrote:
> dang Paul... you and I were doing double duty...

Personally, I don't know who owns the domain. This was something that
Jeff Pulver talked about and I saw a follow-up on NerdVittle. As my
mother used to say, "the proof is in the pudding", and thus far it has
proved itself true. When someone calls 411 and ask for my number, they
get pointed to my IPKall numbers. I find it is a hell of a lot easier to
try the service, as opposed to launching a Dateline investigation.
Considering that with the exception of number verification, the address
information can basically be any information someone wants to add, and
as we all know DID come and go, so really no exposure.

Of course, this is just my experience and can't speak for others.

K.