[asterisk-biz] Publishing US Phone Numbers for Directories

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Nov 9 18:19:35 CST 2007

Peter Beckman wrote:
> I'm sure there are businesses on this list that offer directory publishing.
> I have a few customers who want to make sure that their new VoIP number
> gets listed in the public directory.  Some want residential, others want
> business listings.
>
> Who offers this service?
>
> Beckman
> Peter Beckman                                                  Internet Guy
> beckman at angryox.com                                 http://www.angryox.com/

While it's not the general Yellow pages or the national 411 directory,
we're about a week and a half (fates and holiday-schedules willing) away
from launching the public beta for a service called VoIPMagnet, which is
an opt-in global directory service. It's mostly geared toward VoIP
users, allowing you to enter in your information (name, voip service
provider, username/number/URI, other contact info such as mobile number,
etc), choose what of it you want to be public, what you want private,
what you want friends-only for other friends on the service. Each bit of
information can be tailored to classes of visibility, and you can mark
whether this is a business or personal number so when you're searching
businesses, you only get business numbers, personal, only personal
numbers, etc, etc.

When things get up and running in beta (and when I say beta, I mean a
pretty rough beta, as our UI has yet to be finalised, but the
functionality is there), I'll let you know. It'll be a good way to get
the information out there and visible (or visible to whomever matters to
you), and we'll most certainly need people as guinea pigs. ;)

N.