[asterisk-biz] Preventing Fraud in VoIP Transactions

Tomer Horn thorn+voip+asterisk-biz at ivrit.org.il
Fri Nov 9 13:08:06 CST 2007

One of the things I highly encourage, as Eric suggested, is using "3D
Secure" programs ("Verified by Visa", MasterCard's "SecureCode").
Depends on the acquiring bank, many of the times you will be protected
from chargebacks when a transaction is done using 3D Secure.

The problem using 3D Secure is mostly related to customer experience,
where some may find it a bit frighting. However, Skype for example is
passing the transactions with 3D Secure so..

A good way to fight chargebacks is also to make sure you have a good
Terms & Conditions, which I recommend showing it to your acquiring bank
and asking for comment. The bank always consults your own Terms &
Conditions in a situation of a dispute related to e-commerce website
complain.

Tomer.