[asterisk-biz] Recomendation for DC in NYC for VOIP

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Tue May 29 20:38:12 MST 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Mike Hammett wrote:

>>> I responded offlist first, but I thought the world should know about
>>> these guys.  They have an InterNAP like service, but is transparent if
>>> you're running BGP and has a better pricing schedule.
>>>

>>I encourage my competitors to follow Mike's advice.
>>

> Why's that?
> (looking for a technical reason, not trying to start an argument)

a) Why do I want my competitors to follow your advice? I dunno, I just do.
Hey, did you ever get that high school bandwidth project completed?

b) Why I don't recommend Arbinet or any of the "magic juice that makes teh
interwebs faster" (various providers over time have made this claim,
gamerail is the current joke) - because it doesn't work. Until I see
actual numbers how, *on average*, it improves performance, I'll keep
calling BS.

-alex