[asterisk-biz] PulverMedia

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Wed May 23 20:52:18 MST 2007

I've always wondered...  what exactly did Jeff Pulver do to be awarded
this God-like status in the tech media?  Don't get me wrong, I don't know
him, or anything about him other than what I read online in the media...
and I don't have any personal problem with him.  But I constantly see him
quoted as the "end-all-be-all voip expert" that the reporters seem to bow
down to and kiss his feet.  I know he's been in the industry for a long
time, and he has done some important stuff (like FWD), but what did he do
to earn such praise and high regard over everyone else?

Personally, I think Mark Spencer has done far more good for the
advancement of VOIP and telephony projects by small companies than Jeff
Pulver or anyone else for that matter, yet he gets maybe a fraction of the
attention and admiration that Jeff does.

What exactly am I missing here?

It's not meant as a negative, just a "trying to understand".

-- Nick