[asterisk-biz] Vonage 877

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue May 22 11:44:15 MST 2007

> they might be, however its the customer of the carrier, not the
> customer of the customer of the carrier.  How is the carrier to know
> that someone isnt trying to steal a number?  I would love to get
> 1-800-flowers for example, but the customer of the carrier would
> disagree with me on that one.

I think a lot of 'funny business' happens in the land of number
porting.  Our company is a customer of XO and we in turn have our own
customers.  A few weeks ago one of our customers ported a number away
from our network (an XO DID), into some other network.  We were shocked
that this could happen.   We called up XO and demanded an explanation.
They dug up the LOA Letter which obviously did not have our signature
and all that XO could do was apologize.  They tried to get the number
back but it was impossible.  I could not believe this.  It could have
been our main sales number or any other critical number.  After this
incident, we lost all respect for the number porting process.

--
Andres