[asterisk-biz] VentureVoIP Launches ConduIT3: AstLinux Based Embedded PBX

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon May 21 16:54:21 MST 2007

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've launched a product which we have been working on for some time.
>
> It is basically an embedded Asterisk PBX based on AstLinux, LCDProc and
> our own custom hardware.
>
> There are no fans and the hard drive is a compact flash card.
>
> We have created our own web interface to simplify all of the
> functionality including:
>
> * Adds/Moves/Changes
> * Call forward to external numbers
> * VoiceMail to Email
> * VentureVoIP termination and origination
> * TDM400P included in any configuration
> * Internet Diagnostics and repairs
> * Daily upgrades (optional)
> * Speed dials
> * Day time/Night time routing
> * Separate office hours for each day
> * Outgoing routing via VoIP or Analog (or failover) for:
> 	- Local Calls
> 	- National Calls
> 	- International Calls
> 	- Cellphone Calls
> 	- Tollfree Calls
> * Option to have separate VentureVoIP accounts for each extension
> * Backup settings to server
> * Restore setting from server (for DR plans)
> * Reset to factory default
> * Traffic Shaping
> * Local CDR (including call costs and optional account code per call)
>
> We'd like to take this opportunity to thank Kris from AstLinux.org, Zoa
> from AsteriskGuru.com, the Digium crew and the folks at
> austechpartnerships.com for their support and making this project possible.
>
> For more information on the ConduIT3, visit:
>
> http://www.venturevoip.com/c3.php
>
> - --
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Riddell
> Director
>
> http://www.venturevoip.com (Great new VoIP end to end solution)
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/AsteriskNews (Daily Asterisk News - rss)

Any demo on the web interface.  That is the only thing that could
persuade me to shell out that kind of money for this box.  $100 per
channel?  I though channel pricing was the last waning paradigm.

Actually I would prefer standard hardware that I can purchase at any
computer store.  The proprietary model works for companies with large
distribution chains and local vendors that keep inventory on hand, like
3com, Cisco, Toshiba, NEC, Avaya....

I like Switchvox for this reason, browse their website and take notes,
kind of Dellish on the purchase page.  You can make OSCommerce do that
with a little work.  Screenshots are nice.  I also like their selection
wizard.

Thanks,
Steve