[asterisk-biz] Best VoIP DIDs provider

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed May 16 08:39:34 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 10:49 -0400, Matt wrote:
> If you don't want to go to Level3 or XO yourself, I don't know what
> answer you expect on this list.   What you are going to get are people
> giving their opinions, or else people who are wanting to sell their
> services.
>
> Keep in mind also, choppy, all circuits busy, and dropped calls, can
> very well be an issue on YOUR end, and not neccessarily the provider's
> end.
>
> EXAMPLE:
> I, of course, feel that we offer the best DIDs and service level. (I
> can be contacted at mhoppes at chilitech.net or 1-866-678-6858 x 126).
>
> I also know that we have customers who are very happy, doing hundreds
> of thousands of minutes of termination/origination a month.   We also
> have a couple of smaller folks who complain that they have choppy
> calls, or dropped calls.     Those smaller folk's problem is their
> Internet connection.   Ironically, it's the small folks who aren't
> doing it right on THEIR end, and no matter what provider they go with,
> they will probably have issues.

And perpetuate the argument that VoIP over the public internet is not
ready for real business usage.  I am going to try it and see for myself
but I have always been on the TDM side of fence.  I also have a habit of
telling people "don't knock it till you've tried it."

My way of thinking now is if you don't have end to end QoS or point to
point, encryption, then you will be at the mercy of many unknowns that
could hurt the bottom line.

Anyways Matt, great post!

Thanks,
Steve Totaro