[asterisk-biz] ISP - Asterisk

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Wed May 9 00:49:32 MST 2007

On 5/9/07, Senad Jordanovic <senad at bicom.us> wrote:

> Thomas Deillon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are an ISP in Switzerland using only Asterisk boxes for VoIP and
> > we are looking for others companies using Asterisk too to prove to
> > our clients that Asterisk is a stable solution used by other big
> > companies.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your help,
> >
> > Thomas Deillon
> > Telecom Engineer
> > Smart-Telecom
>

> Hi Thomas
>
> Asterisk is "real" as it gets. It has many very powerful features and long
> learning time too.
> It gets deployed (at least in our case) from few to thousands users, from
> SOHO to Enterprise organisations all over the world.
>
> It also sometime has compatibility issue or luck of traditional Telco
> features at times with some deployments. However nothing that a competent
> experienced company can not deal with.
>

> Regards,
>
> Senad
> www.bicomsystems.com

Hi Thomas:

We're been using asterisk in multiple VOIP, PRI and SS7 based deployments of
16-E1 all over the place and more (thats 496 simultaneous channels for the
alaw challenged folk). We regularly do upwards of a few million minutes per
month per basic double xeon box, connecting to BT, Verizon, Colt, France
Telecom, and lots of other providers.

As Senad rightly said, it takes a little doing, but its good for it does ...

Soon I want to start clustering these and get above the 128E1 figure ...
that'll be fun, I'm someone or the other has already done this, but no news
as such publicly

asterisk in big companies, is old news :)

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070