[asterisk-biz] DIDs in the US + other countries

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Tue May 8 19:09:59 MST 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Chris Bagnall wrote:

>>   Try Vitelity.  Good rates, good service ....
> Thanks for the suggestion, been looking through their website this evening...
>
>> From their FAQ:
>> Our $7.95 unlimited inbound DID package allows maximum usage of 2
>> channels. This DID package is intended for residential use.
>
> Whilst this isn't going to be a problem for some of our users, I can see
> this might be a problem for some of the corporates who've been asking for
> US/Canada DIDs. Whilst Vitelity seem quite able to offer more than 2
> concurrent channels, it would seem only with a fairly substantial minimum
> monthly commitment.

  I think you can get additional channels, but yah, it's like $15-20/channel
  I think.

> Does anyone know if they're rigidly enforcing that 2 channels/number
> rule, or whether it's very much a "we say this in case we have to
> implement it in the future" statement?

  They offer unlimited channels if you pay inbound per minute, and DIDs cost
  around $1-2/month on that plan.  I think inbound is shy of 1c per minute.
  When unlimited channels are needed, that's the cheapest way to do it IMO.

  All of my DIDs with them are on a per-minute basis, not an unlimited
  basis, for that very reason.

  I do wish providers would simply give me the option of charging me for the
  high-water mark of simultaneous channels, rather than me trying to manage
  how many channels I need and running out or overpurchasing.

Beckman