[asterisk-biz] 44-70x Numbers: Block? Evil?

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:21:29 MST 2007

100% of our nigeria term was scams.. as well as pakistan and middle eastern,
so we cut those and activate on request.

Wasn't there someone who just posted a DID in nigeria request ?

i guess he will be feeling the pain of getting scammed too..

Came from : Emmanuel Ugboh [eccgfp at hotmail.com]

Anyway  , do your homework , if not in north america , you have close to
zero recourses so you better ask for a wire, e-gold, Western, or anything
non reversible

actually just got hit with about 40 new suspicious clients in last 1 hour
but they get blocked on the payment, all from hotmail , gmail, yahoo and
hushmail.

Time for FraudBuster V4.0

On 5/3/07, Chris Bagnall <lists at minotaur.cc> wrote:

> > Do most ITSPs block +44 70x?  Are there other numbers like this that
> should
> > be blocked?  Is it only ITSPs that block it, where traditional telephony
> > companies are simply more than happy to connect your call?  Are ITSPs
> here
> > to provide dial-tone and connectivity regardless of how good or bad the
> > call might be?
>
> For the UK, I'd suggest blocking anything starting +44 70 ("personal
> numbering services" - anything from 5p to 50p / min), and definitely
> anything starting +44 9 ("premium rate services").
>
> You might also want to block +44 871 and 870 (the latter might be more
> contentious - it's used by a lot of call centres).
>
> Worth mentioning that unlike some countries, there are maximum charges per
> minute - to the best of my knowledge you simply can't create a number with a
> charge of £500/min or something silly like that. If you want a rough idea of
> call termination charges for different dialling codes, the BT price list (
> www.bt.com) is a good starting point.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
> --
> C.M. Bagnall, Director, Minotaur I.T. Limited
> For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html
> This email is made from 100% recycled electrons

Mike
Sales Manager
http://www.voicemeup.com
Making it happen