[asterisk-biz] SIP/IP over CDMA device?

mitcheloc mitcheloc at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:32:42 MST 2007

Gerald,

I'm excited about the prospect of a phone using VoIP over 3G
exclusively. In the meantime, there is the Nokia E series. I purchased
an E61i for my mother. The idea is that when she is at home or near a
wifi access point she can call in and out of her business as if she
was on site and the rest of the time it will function as a normal cell
phone.

The E61i was just released officially last week. It has a built in SIP
client. From what I understand the phone does have 3G support, but
only in Europe... The wifi is good enough for us here and for $504
shipped this phone makes an excellent competition to wifi SIP phones
like the WIP330. Another phone though much more expensive that I plan
on looking into is the E90...

Now, I hate saying this about an imaginary product but... if only the
iPhone had voip support and was an open development platform I'd jump
on that...the form factor is so much nicer (as compared by Sizeasy).

Are you looking to provide voip services to your users or create a
niche business as a provider for VoIP only 3G phones?