[asterisk-biz] Re: Embedded Asterisk(tm) Appliance For Open Source Communities announced by VoIP Pioneers (6)

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Wed May 2 12:05:54 MST 2007

	I received a spam, quoted/edited/appended, from "Team technoCo" for
their Asterisk product. I expect they harvested my email address from an
Asterisk maillist, probably -biz. Like typical spammers, they are
offering to remove me from their spam list if I ask them, as if that is
acceptable.

	It is not acceptable. And it is probably illegal, at least under the
CAN-SPAM act. And it is certainly a reliable way to ensure that I never
do business with them. And that I warn people who might do business with
them to steer clear of any business that starts off a business
relationship with such a well know unacceptable business practice.
Especially a business where much personal info, more valuable than an
email address, is likely to be vulnerable to people who can't even be
trusted not to spam.

	Spamming people with addresses harvested from a public, but focused,
mail list is bad for business. The -biz list itself is the forum for
posting commercial announcements, but unsolicited commercial email is
unacceptable.

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 10:54 +1000, Team technoCo wrote:

[spam body deleted]

> PromoTeam1
> www.technoco.biz

[more spam body deleted]