[asterisk-biz] Digium, Polycom, and Netxusa Cutting Us Out?!?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Mar 28 17:02:57 MST 2007

I am all for acquiring clients and keeping them.  Not redistributing
them among "Approved" (political discrimination possible, heck maybe I
will not be approved for starting this thread) vendors.

Well I guess we are all in luck since Asterisk is *still* somewhat
OpenSource.

Just have to change the BuyNOW link in source to send them to my website
or even initiate a phone call to sales.  Maybe modifying the code and
distributing it on torrents, P2P, Ebay CDs, and Pre-installed systems on
Ebay could turn a nice little residual income.

It would have been really "cool" good faith gesture if there was a
master login to the system which would have allowed an installer to
override the NetxUSA link with one of their own.

Now a patch is in order I guess.  I would urge anyone installing
Asterisk systems to modify the code for the link or avoid AsteriskNow
altogether.

Anyways, I am seeing a trend start to emerge that I think BKW (Next!)
and some others saw a while ago.

Thanks,
Steve