[asterisk-biz] 4PSA VoipNow 1.4 demo - some explanations

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Tue Mar 27 08:09:37 MST 2007

Stephen Cohen wrote:

> The Girl is pretty and very erotic and that is wonderful.

I didn't see it as an attempt to use sex appeal to sell. I see it as a
demo of an office worker installing the product. Many women would be
able to identify with her in that regard.

> Now for the product, what makes this product so special?   I really
> don't get it.
>

> I have to admit that Asterisk and its dial plans are not easy for
> someone doing it for the first time.
>

> Trixbox and Asterisknow are both easy to install.    In fact, My 12
> year old installed Trixbox on his computer.   Believe me, my kid is no
> genius and if he can do it anyone can do it.

Does your 12 year old understand the telephony needs of the typical
business?

> Both of those products work just fine and they are both OPEN SOURCE
> with TONS of help from a large Asterisk community.
>

> I know that programmers hate "Open Source" because it in some cases it
> cuts into their income.

Wrong. With commercial software I often have to buy some kind of
"developer kit" to extend or modify it. Because I don't have full
source, I am often still limited. With open source the customer is not
paying for that or many hours spent reverse engineering a commercial
product.