[asterisk-biz] 4PSA VoipNow 1.4 demo - some explanations

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Tue Mar 27 05:08:42 MST 2007

Rack-Soft Sec wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I did not want to start the “lady actress” discussion on the VoipNow demo movie. The point of this video was to describe the 4PSA
>VoipNow installation and a basic configuration. Of course, anyone of us could have shot it. I thought that Andreea is a better
>choice because she:
>
>- has absolutely nothing to do with computers
>- speaks English pretty good and she is a nice appearance
>
>Also we wanted to see how someone with no previous 4PSA VoipNow experience can understand the system. We were pleased to notice
>that after we shown her the process, she was able to do it again quite accurately. Additionally, she understood many things in two hours.
>
>So, basically we wanted people to focus on the product, not on her. I hope that the video succeeded to do this, although after
>some comments I have mixed feelings. :)
>
>And, for the record. She is not married, but soon she will be. She is just a friend of mine; she does not shot commercials for
>living. Actually she studied law.
>
>Best regards,
>Bogdan Carstoiu
>www.4PSA.com
>Providing Custom Solutions

I was watching it from the perspective of a geek who would want to sell
the product to non-geeks. I think the movie is very effective. If it
made the install look confusing or difficult, I would remember more
details. Instead it came across as a "no need to worry about it"
message. I remember how it started and how it ended. That's enough to
sell the product.