[asterisk-biz] Vonage Vs. Verizon Update

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 04:39:31 MST 2007

Ok,
So wouldn't that put Level3 in violation?  They use enum....I'm pretty sure
other ACTUAL Telcos use it as well!!!  It almost sounds like rather then
enum, Verizon has a patent on DNS servers!!!!

At any rate.
628... and 610... seem to talk about enum (or DNS).   If you aren't running
enum you should be fine... we aren't.   The 635... talks about a WiFi phone
that is an ATA.  Uhrm, wouldn't that make Cisco and Aastra in violation of
this patent with their WiFi phones?!?  So, I read that as if you aren't
giving WiFi phones to your computers, you are ok also.. good check, we're
fine there.

I don't see where the patent is that people claim Vonage violated with
'interconnecting to the PSTN'.  THAT would be a huge blow to VoIP and
Asterisk... but these are just enum and WiFi phones (which, albiet I think
it's stupid, aren't going to kill Vonage or VoIP).

Further, how the heck did they NOT violate patent 6430275?   That sounds
like it would describe ANY metered telephone service that allows a customer
to check their status online!