[asterisk-biz] Vonage Vs. Verizon Update

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sat Mar 24 19:26:46 MST 2007

From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Brian Fertig
Sent: Saturday, 24 March 2007 10:14 PM
To: 'Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion'
Subject: RE: [asterisk-biz] Vonage Vs. Verizon Update

Kristian the astlinux guy and the last name that is almost impossible to
spell posted this one awhile back..  Here's the information..

Hello everyone,

  It seemed like no one could find the actual Verizon patents involved
in the Verizon v. Vonage case that has been making the news.  So I did a
little digging.  Let me tell you - the US Federal Government does not
make these things easy! :)

Here the are...

Vonage Infringed:

Patent #6,282,574:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL
&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6282574.PN.&OS=PN
/6282574&RS=PN/6282574

I only bothered reading as far as this patent - what a crock!!

Basically this describes any enum service out there, theres nothing
innovative in this at all. The USA patent service is a POC.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net