[asterisk-biz] case study on switching to Asterisk

Byron Pile bpile at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:25:57 MST 2007

Ack, unfortunately the local telecom didn't have anyone available that knew about systems and will be phoning me back...hopefully. I've also submitted a request for a quote from Nortel through their reseller program explaining my intentions and keeping things transparent. Hopefully someone will take the time to give a quote back, it should take too much time on their part, I was pretty explicit in the requirements and I'm really more interested in the support contract and licensing fees.From: bpile at hotmail.comTo: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.comSubject: RE: [asterisk-biz] case study on switching to AsteriskDate: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:48:08 -0700

I'll see if the local telecom has a leasing option. Thanks for the info, gives me another scenario to compare.ByronFrom: smith at ipmvs.comTo: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.comSubject: RE: [asterisk-biz] case study on switching to AsteriskDate: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:52:45 +0000

Much of the time businesses lease expensive phone systems with a
trade-in or dollar-buyout at the end of the lease.  For a small business
the lease is nice becuase it means the price of the system is constant at $X
each month and that is helpful with cash flow.  Phone systems do look like
a huge cost of doing business when you look at the bottom
line.

-Nate