[asterisk-biz] OT: Need * success story for ~ 100 extensions mixedhard/soft phones.

Stephen Wingfield steve at bicom.us
Sun Mar 11 05:16:12 MST 2007

John,

You asked for stories:

University of Columbia need to set sail to the Arctic Circle as part of
their scientific missions. The only real link for most of the time is
satellite so the 120 staff needed a solution that they could depend upon.
Such is the confidence built up that the world's major Disaster Recovery
NGOs are starting to come to us where the need to work is life and death.

At a commerical level one of RedHat's Call Centers is run with PBXware and
have call centers with several hundred agents. The attraction of Open Source
software and its flexibility run with Commercially Developed Software and
professional support is of course akin to RedHat's own well tested business
model.

Working closely with our resellers worldwide we have been delivering Turnkey
Solutions using Asterisk longer than anybody else, which helps. It also has
taken time and experience to get PBXware as smooth to work across as many
envrionments as it does. Particularly the virtualisation envrionments offer
stability and redundancy that competitors of Asterisk community (Avaya,
Nortel, Mitel) just cannot match.

For sure though there are some deployments using Asterisk that have not been
completed in a professional manner and we have saved customers that had even
had series of failed installers. Doubtless your prospect wants to believe
but knows the cost of further failure would be higher than simply buying
from a competitor.

Should be glad to offer my time in any manner I can to spread the word a
little further: Asterisk Technology is very proven albeit not all those
working with Asterisk are.

Let me know a time,
Stephen Wingfield
steve 'at] bicomsystems [dot' com